For Fixed Route or Loop Route service, you may flag down the bus and it will stop for you under certain circumstances:
Make sure it’s the right bus for you. The Valley Shuttle buses are green and yellow and the Loop Routes have a sign in the window stating which route they are. Un-marked, non-green buses cannot be flagged down.
- Make sure the driver sees you. Using a flashlight or waving your arms will help the driver see you.
- The driver must determine whether or not it is safe to pull the bus over at the location you’ve chosen
- There must be adequate stopping distance for the vehicle
- The bus must be able to pull over enough so that it will not cause problems with other vehicles
- The area cannot be on a blind corner