“Door to Door” means it is a non-fixed route that requires advance scheduling by the rider. We pick you up at a location such as your home and take you to your destination. Also referred to as a shared-ride service, the daily routes vary and are dictated by the requests from our riders. The service area for this includes North Bend, Snoqualmie, Fall City, Preston (most of), Carnation, Duvall, and Monroe.
This service is available to the public and there are no application or eligibility requirements. The service can be used to get to work, appointments, grocery stores, entertainment, recreation, etc. We will refer customers to use fixed route service first if it is available, accessible, and meets the need.
Our vehicles are dispatched to pick-up riders at different pick-up points before taking them to their respective destinations. A rider may be the only passenger in the vehicle or riding with others if locations and times are similar.
Call 3-5 days in advance whenever possible to book your ride but no less than at least 24 hours. You can schedule up to a month in advance and the sooner you schedule, the more likely you are to get a ride. Same-day ride requests are accommodated on a space-available basis.
Our schedulers group customers together based on time and space availability and while the service is available to all, preference will be given to people with urgent medical needs, individuals with disabilities, and seniors. Our goal is to meet our rider’s needs as closely as possible, while still being cost-effective.
Service hours: Monday – Friday, 6AM – 7PM
Due to a blocking accident, the Northbound Valley Shuttle that left the North Bend Outlet at 10:00 will be running 45 minutes late.
Due to the blocking accident, the following stops will be bypassed:
Northbound buses are being rerouted with the last regular stop being in Snoqualmie at Railroad Ave and Northern (Stop 64333). The bus will return to the regular route in Fall City at SE Redmond -Fall City Rd & 337th Pl SE (Stop 64360). Stops that will be missed are:
o 64395 Snoqualmie Falls/Salish
o 64265 HWY 202 & 372nd
o 64296 HWY 202 & 367th
o 64270 HWY 202 & 361st
o 64275 HWY 202 & 356th
Southbound buses are being rerouted with the last regular stop being in Fall City at SE Redmond -Fall City Rd & 337th Pl SE (Stop 645380). The bus will return to the regular route in Snoqualmie at Railroad Ave and Northern (Stop 64397).
o 64287 HWY 202 & 356th
o 64388HWY 202 & 361st
o 64295 HWY 202 & 367th
o 64290 HWY 202 & 372nd
o 64435 Snoqualmie Falls/Salish
We expect this reroute to be in effect until approximately 12:00 pm. If you have any questions, please contact us at 425.888.7001
If you have any questions or need an update on the location of a bus, please call (425) 888-7001.
How it works:
- All rides are $1. For example, if you take the bus from home to the grocery store and then take a return trip back to home, you will pay $2 in fares.
- Anyone 10 years or older can take this bus. Under 10 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Call us, from one month to one day in advance, to make a request for service.
- If you are a new rider, SVT collects some basic information about you. This is entered into our routing system so that rides can be easily booked in the future. Information is not shared outside of SVT.
- SVT consolidates the information on what rides are being requested and SVT dispatchers figure out where buses need to go on a specific day.
- People who have called in the earliest get priority.
- SVT tries to get as many people on each bus as possible, so the rides may take longer than you expect; but all efforts are made to keep the rides as direct as the routes will allow.
- There is a 15-minute window on both sides of your pickup time and your drop-off time e.g. if you are told you will be picked up at 12:30, it means the bus can arrive as early 12:15 and as late as 12:45 and be considered on-time. You will need to be ready at 12:15. This is also something to consider in your planning for when you need to arrive at your destination at a specific time.
- Make sure you familiarize yourself with our No-Show Policy.
Ways to make your SVT ride a success:
- GIVE AS MUCH ADVANCE NOTICE AS POSSIBLE TO REQUEST A RIDE AND BE FLEXIBLE.
- Have all your information ready before you call us. We will need to know:
i) Your first and last name
ii) Your phone number
iii) Complete address of your desired pickup location
iv) Complete address of your destination
v) What date do you need the ride? What time do you need to be at your destination?
vi) Do you need assistance? A wheelchair lift? Are you using a scooter or a walker?
- CALL SVT.
- When requesting times, remember there is a 15-minute time window on either side of your requested time for delivery to your destination.
- Is your information the same as last time you called? If you have moved or changed your telephone number, please let us know immediately. We don’t want to go to the wrong address to pick you up and calling the wrong number to confirm your ride. That doesn’t help you!
- We will call you back to confirm your ride request. Ask the SVT representative to repeat the information back to you when they call you back. We want to give you the service you need.
- Call us back if you have not received a call-back from SVT within one business day. Take the initiative to call us back to find out about the status of your ride request.
- Make sure to check your messages. SVT will try to contact you and may leave a message confirming your ride. If we cannot reach you, we will leave a message telling you the information about your ride. If we confirm your ride, you will be responsible for being on that bus at the time we give you and we want to make sure we pick you up!
- Booking multiple rides: Scheduling rides that are more than one week away may take more time to confirm. We will contact you but, if you don’t hear from us, call SVT to check on the status of your ride.
- Cancelling your ride? Please give us at least an hour of advance notice for cancellations. If you cancel with less than an hour’s notice, you will get a “No Show” on your record. Why do we do this? Because we may have told someone else that they couldn’t ride because you had already reserved a space, it wastes fuel, adds additional wear to vehicles and the environment, etc.
- Too many no-shows and you will be suspended from using the service.
- When is the bus coming? Please feel free to give us a call 30 minutes before your ride to get an estimated time of arrival for your bus. We’ll let you know how close the driver is to getting to you.
- Once you are on the bus, the driver must take you to the pre-planned destination. Drivers cannot vary their routes for the day or other people’s rides will get delayed.
- We would like to help you. Making the call to SVT on a regular basis to confirm or book your rides will make your scheduling easier for you.